Back in 2010 Apple introduced an app called “airprint”, the purpose of which is to help various Apple device users print seamlessly from printers compatible with the technology.
This used to be exclusive for apple devices, and worked with just a few HP airprint compatible printers. But as WiFi technology became mainstream, more and more airprint printer models followed suit, making it the preferred printing mode. Actually its popularity is engaging as it worked with thousands of devices now encompassing worldwide.
Thousands literally mean that the majority of printers are now wired compatible with airprint, thus choosing the best is probably like looking for the proverbial needle in a hay stock. The process becomes really hard considering that the choice includes the best from both inkjet and laser printer technologies.
To streamline the process, we draw the best from categories as, (a) best overall, (b) portability, (c) budget, (d) compact and (e) security.
- For best overall, this is reserved for the HP OfficeJet 250 being outstanding in features, an all in one, meaning it can print, copy, scan, and with a built-in airprint app. Lightweight, just 6.5 pounds, with and automatic document feeder (ADF). It has a built-in battery pack and can be connected to an outside battery for added power when required.
- Portability is for the Canon Pixma iP110, small in footprint and weighs just 4.3 pounds offers outstanding convenience and the best in image quality.
- The budget friendly option is the HP Deskjet 2655, it can print, copy, scan, WiFi and airprint enabled.
- The printer that is compact and could fit anywhere is the Canon Pixma IX6820 and best intended both for homes and home offices.
- In terms of data security the Brother HL-L8360dw laser printer stands alone, its lock functions allows users and managers to regulate and restrict access to printer features.
Remember, there are hundreds of airprint printer models, the list is just a compilation of what is probably the best airprint compatible printers.
Explore the endless possibilities that Apple devices offer, start with the airprint app.