In the past printers were classified as sub-compacts as it is intended to print on traditional paper sizes, like letter type and the rest. For the art inclined professionals, photo enthusiasts, the wide format laser printer came as their handy assistant.
As printing needs evolved the HP wide format printer came into focus as it bridged the gap between the traditional and the recent creation. It is actually an innovation that made the latter type operate like a traditional laser printer. Gone were the huge and bulky types, but replaced by the office friendly, less intimidating and pleasant looking device.
Office-friendly because wide formats today, though a bit bigger, works just like the traditional types of laser printers. It can print, copy, scan and even send fax. Printing on large sized stationery ia actually an added feature.
When can a printer be classified as wide format? Paper size terminology does the printer classification and it refers to 11 x 17 inch paper size or commonly known as tabloid stock and interchangeable with A3 size. Other wide formats also print super tabloid or those sized at 13 x 19 inch paper.
The rundown of 5 wide format printers stated here are hailed as the best for the current year:
- Canon Color ImageClass MF733Cdw is simple, easy to set up, fast prints and excellent photo quality.
- Brother Business color Laser Printer HL-L830ocdw operates wireless, can do mobile and cloud printing and fast duplex printing is reliably already a bonus.
- Brother MFC-L8900cdw is a business color laser printer and an all-in-one, has an advanced duplex and wireless networking feature and fast scanning capabilities.
- Brother MFC-L8610cdw is also an all in one with wireless technology, automatic duplex printing and can as well do scanning.
- Canon ImageClass MF726cdw is at the tail end but does not simply lack the features that the above named models have.
It is no longer a question why organizations need wide format printers, since it must be a staple device in offices. An HP wide format printer is classic and should grace an office environment.