Getting kids homeschooled offers a lot of pros and benefits both for kids and parents. Tailored learning while having a lot of playtime have been proven to be a great way for developing and building a child’s character. Parents can experiment which curriculum could work for the kids and move on to the next if doesn’t work. The challenge however starts at the beginning. How do you prepare a house for homeschooling? Having an all-in-one printer like Lexmark X5650 is one thing. Here are some of the essential supplies and tools to have.
- Board (A magnetic board or white board) – Like any other classrooms, a board is important for writing applications and clear visual aids. It is important to have that space where the kids could have a quick glance and know the course of the lesson for the day. It also keeps the child’s attention when doing the lesson.
- Books and reading space – Most of the learning especially vocabulary comes from reading. A good book and a quiet reading place is essential in all aspects of learning. It doesn’t really matter whether it’s a traditional book or ebook. You can get them online or borrow from the library.
- Art supplies – Learning arts and crafts is important for creativity and character building. Creative art projects is a great way to have fun with different shapes and colors. A stash of good quality art supplies should be always on hand. There’s a lot of holidays in a year and it’s a great way to make stuffs with kids.
- Computer and internet access – There are a myriad of things to find on the World Wide Web of which can help a child’s learning. Links to educational websites, learning tools and printable free curriculums all of which are accessible on a click of a button. A guided use of the computer and the internet can help a more diversified learning concept.
- Printer – Honestly, it’s hard to have a homeschool without a printer. One of the basic equipment to have around is a reliable printer such as Lexmark X5650. You will need one for printing curriculums, manuals and printable arts among many others. An all-in-one is the best choice. It doesn’t have to be expensive either.
- Outdoor activities – Homeschooling develops a child’s social skill, adaptability and interests in many hobbies. That being said, it requires one to be outside and be around people. A good outdoor activity and exercise allows a child to gain healthy relationships. This way, a parent can closely guide and introduce things and people to kids. Ballet lessons, music lessons even simple activities such as gardening and running around the park is a learning activity.
Homeschooling is legal in United States and many parents were successful in raising their kids this way. In fact, many statistical studies proves that homeschooling offers more benefits to a child than being in a school around kids of the same age. If you decide to have your kids homeschooled, remember the mentioned essentials above and give it a start.