Printer manufacturers release newer models frequently to keep up with the fast-paced advancement of technology and to meet the demands of the market. Generally, printer features are mixed and matched to satisfy the need, catch the attention of the consumers to choose their product, and persuade them to make a purchase. Thus, you can expect your device to become obsolete in 2 to 3 years time considering the constant upgrade of technology. All these considered along with the expiration of customer and technical support makes printer troubleshooting even more taxing.
One of the most common problems endured by users of HP C6180 printer involves HP 02 ink cartridge related malfunctions. Since I have firsthand experience with this kind of hassle, I purposely came up with this troubleshooting guide to shed some light and ease this inconvenience. The length of the process can be intimidating when put into words, but you can probably do all these in less than 5 minutes.
Power On the All-in-One inkjet printer.
- After a successful bootup, press and hold the asterisk button on the control panel of your HP C6180. While holding the “*” button, press the “#” key and release both keys. The display should say “Enter Special Key Combo” if done correctly. Proceed to the next step if successful, otherwise repeat press and hold procedure.
- Press and release the buttons “1”, “2” and “3” in sequence. You will see "Support" R0631M on the screen if done correctly.
- Tap on the right arrow button until you hit “System Configuration Menu”. Tap the “OK” button. You should see “Hardware failure status” on the screen. If not, tap the arrow key until you get to “Hardware failure status”. Tap the “OK” button again. This time, you should see “Hardware failure status: Clear” on the screen. Press and release “OK” button once again to clear.
- Hit the “Ok” Button and the message should change to “Hardware failure status Cleared”. This time you need to hit the “Cancel” button many times to get either the “Welcome to Photosmart Express” or until an error message appears.
- Turn off the all-in-one printer and unplug the power cable from the back of the machine and wall outlet. Give it a minutes rest to discharge power.
- Plug the power cable into the wall outlet first and then into the back of the HP C6180.
- Turn the unit on. You should see “USE POWER BUTTON TO SHUTDOWN THE PRINTER” followed by “PRESS OK TO CONTINUE” on the screen of the control panel. Press “Ok” and the printer will start the “ONE TIME INK INITIALIZATION PROCESS”. Allow this process to complete and do not interrupt. Once the initialization process is complete, the printer will print out a Diagnostic Page.
This printer troubleshooting guide can be used to activate diagnostics mode of the HP C6180 all-in-one inkjet printer. It will not only tell you what’s causing the problem but will also resolve most HP 02 ink cartridge inkjet consumables-related issues like ink expiration.