Every new product in the market is designed to simplify tasks and make things even more convenient. This is why wireless printing is almost a staple for modern printers. The problem is very few HP printers support AirPrint, the popular HP OfficeJet 4500 included. For HP printers without AirPrint support, users will have to use HP ePrint - HP’s proprietary app for wireless printing. The guide below is specifically made for OfficeJet 4500 owners who want to use their iPhones for mobile printing.
1st Phase: Download and install the latest printer driver.
- On your computer, download the latest printer driver from HP support website.
- Uninstall the current printer driver while downloading. In Windows OS, you can type on the search bar “programs and features” then use that to locate and uninstall. On Mac, search for HP driver then drag that to the trash and empty trash.
- Reboot the computer before installing the latest driver once the download is completed. Follow on-screen directions until you reach network configuration.
- Make sure to input all the information needed before proceeding. Do note that all of these are case sensitive. This step is crucial as it will connect the HP OfficeJet 4500 to your home network.
- Check the ink levels of your OfficeJet 4500 ink cartridges. Make sure you have at least 10% on both cartridges.
- Print an Important Printer Setup Instructions page. To do this, you will have to turn on “Web Services” on the printer control panel. There is a 5 to 10 minute for the HP OfficeJet 4500 to obtain a new information page. Turn “Web Services” off then on if it still doesn’t print.
2nd Phase: Set up wireless printing on your iPhone.
- Make sure your iPhone has an internet connection. It would be better to use Wi-Fi to avoid data charges.
- Open Apple’s app store and look for HP ePrint.
- Download and install HP ePrint
- Open the app and send a test print. Send any media to your printer’s email address found on the Important Printer Setup Instructions page. Do note that the total size of the print job must be 10 MB or less, including attachments.
I highly recommend a fresh install of the driver as it ensures that the printer pairs with your network. This is also a good way to remove outdated resources that often cause printer spooler malfunctions. I would also add the printer’s email to my contacts to easily use HP ePrint anytime.
Like always, hit that thumbs up button if you find this helpful and don’t forget to subscribe if you haven’t already. You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter. I’d like to think that I’m pretty sociable and yes, we put up new guides almost every day. Should you run out of HP OfficeJet 4500 ink there are a couple of sweet deals on our shop so be sure to check those out.