Laser multifunction printers are big hits in the printing industry, and the HP LaserJet Pro M1536dnf is one such printer that was popular in its release. It produces great monochrome prints good for students and small to medium offices. Because it’s a monochrome printer, it only needs one HP 78A black toner cartridge. Even so, a single cartridge costs you around 90$! And if you’re the type to print a lot, that expense can build up in no time when you need to buy cartridges in bulk for never-ending printing.
Printing doesn’t have to cost so high! Compatible cartridges have your back with affordable prices and with little to no difference from OEM cartridges. Get the most out of your printing experience by saving more with compatible HP 78A cartridges for your M1536dnf printer.
Do you have any concerns or issues with compatible cartridges? Perhaps we can help you! There are certainly common issues that can be encountered with compatible toner cartridges but the solutions could be more simple than you think.
Cartridge doesn’t fit
Before you put in your compatible toner cartridge, always check if it’s the correct one. Compatible cartridge listings can sometimes be confusing, so make sure to do your research and look at the compatible printers listed as well as the reviews. In your case, the HP M1536dnf uses the HP 78A cartridge. You can also consult the company or seller before you purchase for good measure. Laser Tek Services always lists the compatible printers for every cartridge they have, and offers amicable customer service!
If the cartridge number is not the issue, then perhaps you missed something during the preparation before putting it in the printer. Your compatible cartridge may still have packing materials left on it or extra tape, protective covering and seals that you have yet to remove. Don’t be too alarmed if your cartridge looks a bit different than OEM as different manufacturers may bring some variations to the cartridge. Once the seals are removed, place it immediately in the printer as prolonged exposure to light may cause damage. Additionally, make sure that the cartridge is slotted in properly before you attempt to print. A loosely-placed cartridge might be the reason why your printer is noisier than it normally is.
Lines and spots across the page
For ordinary text prints, this may not be an issue for many users but it can get really annoying if it’s starting to hinder your reading. One issue could be the type of paper you are using. Smoother paper is generally better for laser printers.
It can also be helpful to print a cleaning page. This will remove dust and excess toner from the paper path. To do this, follow the steps below:
1. On your printer’s control panel, select the Setup button.
2. Select the Service menu.
3. Select Cleaning Page from the menu.
4. Load plain paper when prompted.
5. Press OK. The printer will now begin printing the cleaning page.
You may have to repeat this process a few times, but always use a different sheet of paper.
If you want to be more hands-on in cleaning your printer, you can manually clean the pick-up roller. This is also recommended to do whenever switching out cartridges to prevent build-up of excess toner as the roller feeds paper into the printer.
Cleaning the pickup roller
1. Turn off the printer and unplug from the power source. Wait for the printer to cool.
2. Open the cartridge door and remove the toner cartridge. Place it somewhere with as little exposure to direct light as possible to prevent damage.
3. Release the small white tabs on each side of the pickup roller and rotate the roller towards the front.
4. Gently pull the pickup roller up and out.
5. Moisten a lint-free cloth with isopropyl alcohol or water and wipe the roller. Be careful not to touch it directly with your fingers.
6. Wipe the roller again with a dry lint-free cloth.
7. Allow the roller to dry completely before reinstalling in the printer.
8. Put the cartridge back in and close the cartridge door.
9. Plug in the printer and turn it on.
Non HP supply installed error
You can usually bypass this error by pressing OK multiple times if the message keeps coming up. You may also try resetting the printer. This will clear all data from the printer’s memory and could remove error issues along the way as the printer is reset to factory settings. To do this, follow the steps below:
1. Turn off the printer.
2. Press and hold the Left arrow and Cancel buttons while you turn on the printer.
3. Release the buttons once you see Permanent Storage Init on the LCD.
4. The printer will start resetting.
If you were having an issue with having to restart your device, whether computer or laptop, before you are able to print, resetting your printer may also help you if a hard reset doesn’t. A hard reset will need you to turn off the printer, unplug for a few minutes, and plug the printer in again.
No toner error
This issue could occur even when the cartridge is new and without defects. Please check if there is no dust or debris on the contact points. You can take out the cartridges and reinstall them. If it doesn’t work, you can try the following steps to remedy the situation.
1. Unplug your printer’s power cable while the printer is still on.
2. Disconnect any other cables connected to the printer.
3. Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds.
4. Reconnect the printer. It should turn on by itself. Otherwise, turn it on manually.
If resetting does not work, there could be an issue with the cartridge and needs to be replaced. Contact the seller or your supplier. Make sure that the company you transact with stands behind their products by thoroughly looking through their website and reviews.
At Laser Tek Services, we know that compatible cartridges are a great way to save money on printer ink and toner. We also know that some people are hesitant to use compatible cartridges because they worry about voiding their printer's warranty or encountering issues. That's why we offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all of our compatible cartridges. If you're not happy with your purchase, simply return it for a full refund. And if you do happen to have any problems with your compatible cartridge, our team is always here to help. So don't worry and keep printing! Laser Tek Services, you're always covered.