The AirPrint app has been programmed to allow Apple mobile devices to print wirelessly from the iPad, iPhone or the iPod touch. When activated on a printer, the app treats it as an apple printer to deliver the printouts. AirPrint enabled printers allow the instant printing of photos, email, web pages and documents direct from an iPad, iPhone and iPod touch wirelessly without the need to install drivers or download software. All what is required is for a user to select an AirPrint printer and immediately print. However, this is only possible if the user has an AirPrint compatible device like the Canon PIXMA printer. Take note that the Apple device and the PIXMA printer are connected to the same wireless network. To use the AirPrint see to it that the device is running on Apple’ operating system iOS:
- From the app of the Apple mobile device tap the picture icon that displays the menu options and then tap the (Print) icon.
- From the printer icon, select the type of printer that will be engaged to print, Remember all AirPrint enabled printers will be displayed if within range.
- Select the number of copies to be printed and switch on to double sided printing if so required.
- Once the sequence is completed, tap the icon to print.
Remember, some apps that do not support AirPrint, printer options will not be displayed and printing will not be possible. Printer options vary from printer to printer, and normally when the Print icon is tapped, displayed printer options include the following:
- Printer; The printer model that will be used on the wireless network or WLAN.
- Copies: Number of copies of printouts.
- Double sided printing if the printer model supports this feature.
- Range: This can only be used with specific apps and file types, like PDF files and others.
AirPrint also support paper sizes, and appears automatically according to the app being used on the apple device and the region in which AirPrint is used. The default size for photo printing is 4” x 6” or KG when the apple’ photo app is tapped. Remember, to rehash not all printers support Apple AirPrint, so users with Apple mobile devices must must be certain to pick the right printer that will serve as the apple printer for this app. In the absence of an apple printer, any printer compatible with apple AirPrint can serve the process of unlimited printing runs.